Jennifer Brown Shaw, Esq.
Effectively managing leaves of absence and the reasonable accommodation process is challenging for even the most experienced HR professionals. In this webinar, we will review the complex problems that arise when
Effectively managing leaves of absence and the reasonable accommodation process is challenging for even the most experienced HR professionals.
In this webinar, we will review the complex problems that arise when administering protected leaves of absence and reasonable accommodation requests, including steps to take when, for example:
- The employee requests time off for an FMLA/CFRA reason, but does not want to use FMLA/CFRA;
- The employee requests FMLA/CFRA leave, but does not return the medical certification paperwork (and may already be out on leave);
- The employee takes more intermittent leave than is permitted by the medical certification;
- The employee chronically uses all available FMLA/CFRA each year, usually for last-minute absences;
- The employee requests FMLA/CFRA when notified of performance or other failures;
- The employee does not want to integrate paid time off with wage-replacement benefits;
- What the employee says he or she needs or wants does not align with what the healthcare provider says will be an effective accommodation;
- The employee requests an accommodation that the employer cannot reasonably provide;
- The employer suspects an employee is being dishonest about needing an accommodation;
- The employee does not communicate that he or she needs additional leave following FMLA/CFRA until the leave is about to expire; and
- The employee is on FMLA/CFRA leave for one reason, but requests additional leave for a different reason.
There will be plenty of time for your questions. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn from attorney Jennifer Shaw, an expert in these areas. Limited space available!
(Please note, telephone charges may apply.)
- Cost is $200 per person*. (Current clients may choose to be invoiced for the webinar. All other attendees will be approved once payment is received.)
*Refunds are available only if cancellation is received by September 6, 2017.
(Wednesday) 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. PST