We have a bit of news…
Although the federal government has not announced a framework for President Biden’s order that employers with at least 100 employees require COVID-19 vaccinations, the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force has announced guidance on the vaccination requirement for federal contractors.
Here are the highlights:
- Federal contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8.
- Like the mandate for federal employees, contractors must ensure all of their employees are fully vaccinated, “except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.”
- The vaccination requirement applies to remote employees, and those who have already had COVID-19.
- Contractors also must comply with masking and social distancing requirements.
- Self-attestation is not an option for documenting vaccination status. Contractors must provide physical proof of vaccination.
- Oddly, the guidance does not address testing for COVID-19.
- The guidance also does not address how federal agencies will confirm contractor compliance with the order. However, contractors are required to assign someone in their organization to implement appropriate policies to comply with the order and ensure compliance.
Stay tuned for more developments.
The guidance is available here.