Jennifer Brown Shaw, Esq.
WEBINAR Effectively managing leaves of absence and the reasonable accommodation process is challenging for even the most experienced HR professionals. In this webinar, we will review the complex problems that
Effectively managing leaves of absence and the reasonable accommodation process is challenging for even the most experienced HR professionals. In this webinar, we will review the complex problems that arise when administering protected leaves of absence and reasonable accommodation requests, including steps to take when, for example:
- The employee requests time off for an FMLA/CFRA reason, but does not want to use FMLA/CFRA;
- The employee requests FMLA/CFRA leave, but does not return the medical certification paperwork (and may already be out on leave);
- The employee chronically uses all available FMLA/CFRA each year, usually for last-minute absences;
- The employee requests FMLA/CFRA when notified of performance or other failures;
- The employee does not want to integrate paid time off with wage-replacement benefits;
- The employee requests an accommodation that the employer cannot reasonably provide;
- The employer suspects an employee is being dishonest about needing an accommodation;
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn from experts in this area.
(Please note, telephone charges may apply.)
Cost: $249 per person. Certificates of completion will be provided. MCLE credit is available.
* Current clients may choose to be invoiced for the webinar. All other attendees will be approved once payment is received. Refunds are only available if cancellation is received by August 30, 2018.
This activity, ID No. 338502, has been approved for 2.75 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at https://www.hrci.org.
Shaw Law Group, PC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 2.75 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
(Thursday) 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. PST
Amber Macalam, Director of Training and Marketingamacalam@shawlawgroup.com 425 University Avenue, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95825