Jennifer Brown Shaw, Esq.
We are heading into the time of the year when employers need to stay up-to-date on California's ever-changing employment laws. Governor Newsom recently signed dozens of new laws, most of
We are heading into the time of the year when employers need to stay up-to-date on California’s ever-changing employment laws. Governor Newsom recently signed dozens of new laws, most of which are effective on January 1, 2020. In addition, California and federal courts have issued a number of important decisions this year affecting how employers do business. And, as always, new government regulations will require changes to workplace practices and policies.
How can you get ready for 2020?
Relax… Every year we do the research, monitor the court decisions, analyze the new laws, and provide employers with practical advice for compliance.
Join us for our 2020 Legal Update as we address key developments, including:
- California’s new independent contractor laws (Dynamex and AB 5)
- The new ban on certain arbitration and settlement agreements
- Significant changes to the lactation accommodation rules
- Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act
- The expansion of California’s Paid Family Leave Program
- New protections for natural hairstyles
- New deadlines for sexual harassment/EEO training
- New FLSA regulations regarding exempt employees
- Other critical workplace issues
Register now and bring all of your questions! Certificates provided upon completion.
Cost: $299 per person
Certificates of completion will be provided. MCLE credit is available.
* Refunds are only available if we receive your cancellation by December 4, 2019.
This activity has been approved for 3.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at https://www.hrci.org.
Shaw Law Group, PC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 3.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
(Wednesday) 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. PST
2nd Floor Training Room
425 University Avenue
Amber Macalam, Director of Training and Marketingamacalam@shawlawgroup.com 425 University Avenue, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95825
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!